One Year Later...
One year ago...
I was laboring in the same hospital I was born in with my Mom, Aunt, and sister by my side.
I remember the socks I wore that day because I picked them out specifically. They're my Game of Throne socks that have a flower and the phrase "Growing Strong" on them.
I remember being so scared about getting the epidural just because it's a big-ass needle going into your spine.
I remember singing "Hamilton" while curled around a pillow while my absolutely amazing L&D nurse, Jeanette, held my hands and kept my distracted. I barely even felt the needle go in and I remember laughing cause I was so worried about something so little.
I can still remember the pain I felt in my hips with each contraction, the feeling like they were gonna pop out of their sockets.
I remember I only had to push the epidural "shot" button 4 times while I was in active labor.
I remember my nurse suggesting using a peanut ball cause her other patients had had good luck with it, so I said I would give it a try.
I remember half an hour later she came back and checked me to see my son had managed to ninja his way down the birth canal and was ready to come out.
I remember everyone was allowed to stay in the delivery room even though technically only 2 people were allowed.
I remember only have to push through 3 contractions to bring my son into the world at 5:09pm.
I remember when they laid him on my chest for the first time and looking at him thinking he was the most perfect thing ever in the history of history.
I remember singing "Dear Theodosia" from Hamilton while he latched for the first time.
I remember when the epidural wore off, uncontrollably shaking while my body adjusted.
I remember one of my son's nurses, though I can't remember her name, being so wonderful and thinking of her as a "Fraulein" because she had that Eastern European accent.
I remember the day I became a mom.
Today...
I'm amazed at how much my son has grown and developed.
He can crawl, he's working on standing up, he can say a few simple words like "Mama" and "Ya"
His personality makes me laugh and stresses me out all in the same day.
I know he doesn't understand why everyone is home right now but he's happy for more time with me and Granny and Grandpa.
I know he doesn't quite understand today's his birthday while makes me feel better about having to postpone his party.
I know that when we do have this party it's gonna be even more awesome than I originally thought.
I'm so happy to be able to celebrate it with him and thankful we are all happy and healthy.
Tomorrow...
We'll see what the universe has in store next!
I was laboring in the same hospital I was born in with my Mom, Aunt, and sister by my side.
I remember the socks I wore that day because I picked them out specifically. They're my Game of Throne socks that have a flower and the phrase "Growing Strong" on them.
I remember being so scared about getting the epidural just because it's a big-ass needle going into your spine.
I remember singing "Hamilton" while curled around a pillow while my absolutely amazing L&D nurse, Jeanette, held my hands and kept my distracted. I barely even felt the needle go in and I remember laughing cause I was so worried about something so little.
I can still remember the pain I felt in my hips with each contraction, the feeling like they were gonna pop out of their sockets.
I remember I only had to push the epidural "shot" button 4 times while I was in active labor.
I remember my nurse suggesting using a peanut ball cause her other patients had had good luck with it, so I said I would give it a try.
I remember half an hour later she came back and checked me to see my son had managed to ninja his way down the birth canal and was ready to come out.
I remember everyone was allowed to stay in the delivery room even though technically only 2 people were allowed.
I remember only have to push through 3 contractions to bring my son into the world at 5:09pm.
I remember when they laid him on my chest for the first time and looking at him thinking he was the most perfect thing ever in the history of history.
I remember singing "Dear Theodosia" from Hamilton while he latched for the first time.
I remember when the epidural wore off, uncontrollably shaking while my body adjusted.
I remember one of my son's nurses, though I can't remember her name, being so wonderful and thinking of her as a "Fraulein" because she had that Eastern European accent.
I remember the day I became a mom.
Today...
I'm amazed at how much my son has grown and developed.
He can crawl, he's working on standing up, he can say a few simple words like "Mama" and "Ya"
His personality makes me laugh and stresses me out all in the same day.
I know he doesn't understand why everyone is home right now but he's happy for more time with me and Granny and Grandpa.
I know he doesn't quite understand today's his birthday while makes me feel better about having to postpone his party.
I know that when we do have this party it's gonna be even more awesome than I originally thought.
I'm so happy to be able to celebrate it with him and thankful we are all happy and healthy.
Tomorrow...
We'll see what the universe has in store next!
Comments
Post a Comment