Spilled Milk

You know that phrase "No use crying over spilled milk", everyone knows that phrase right? It's meant to convey the idea that it's happened, being upset isn't going to change anything. But what if you were really looking forward to drinking that milk? What if you had a long day at work and you just wanted to sit for a minute and enjoy something you like? Yeah the phrase has good intentions, but those intentions aren't one-size-fits-all for every situation.

The last week or so has been, emotionally draining to say the least. Last Sunday, for whatever God-forsaken reason, the baby would not (could not) fall asleep. Feeding him did nothing, picking him up and rocking did nothing, letting him cry didn't help either of us. Finally at around 3:30 am we finally fell asleep...only to wake up 4 hours later for work and daycare. I'm not proud of that night; I cried, I yelled, I snapped at my poor little guy and looking back I feel bad now. I know we were both tired and cranky and, in the light of a new day, we were both better but still. I don't think anyone likes yelling at their kid. The scene played out (though thankfully not at 3:30 am again) for the next couple nights and then finally either Friday or Saturday his sleep pattern went back to normal. I think it was either a slight regression caused by a growth spurt or the medicine he's taking for an ear infection affecting him. Either way, I'm glad it's behind us.

Aside from sleeping patterns getting royally messed up, I know I mentioned in my last post that my parents were sick, well we found out just what they were sick with...pneumonia! Yep, me and my Lysol spray were best friends last week. My poor mother seemed to get it worse than my dad and was hung up for the whole week so, naturally, I took care of everything she couldn't. Now this obviously isn't my mom's fault, she couldn't control getting sick, but man was I drained. When I tell you I went 6 days between showers I'm not lying. By the time I got everything done at night all I wanted to do was change into my pajamas and curl up in my bed and sleep for 12 hours. Unfortunately I didn't get the 12 hours, though I did get 7-8 most nights, but it was just exhausting. I'm glad she and my dad are feeling better, it's nice to have that help back again.

Work, while not as crazy as the last time I updated, still has its challenges. Like schedules, oh man scheduling makes my head hurt. I now understand why my old store manager was slightly insane, trying to deal with availability and requests while still making sure everything is getting done is enough to drive anyone bonkers. But no 100+ style transfers though, there's been a couple but they've been small (like less than 50 units small). Hopefully now that I've discussed expectations with people things will start to smooth out, fingers crossed!

Another thing that's been bugging me is something munchkin's teachers said the other day. It wasn't meant as anything bad but she asked if he eats table foods to which I replied, yeah sometimes but mostly he sticks to baby food. I got lots of different ones with different combinations of fruits and veggies but he's apparently still hungry during the day and always looks real interested at the "real" food the older kids are eating. I know they come from a good place and they don't want to see him hungry, I don't want him to be hungry either, but something about it rubbed me the wrong way. Fun fact, when munchkin was younger he had reflux so we didn't start baby food til around 6 months, which to be fair is standard for babies, and because we had to introduce things slower than if he hadn't had reflux he's being slightly. And I mean slightly because like I said, he does eat soft table food. He likes cheese, pasta, potatoes, cottage cheese, yogurt, and even baby food meat purees, so he has a good selection and he's gaining weight fine. I sent a couple snacks that he can have during the day if he gets hungry but as far as what he eats I think he's quite content with his current menu.

Phew, well that was a heavy post wasn't it? Let's end on a positive note! I was able to get a few more things for munchkin's birthday party and I found this one banner from Party City that has planets and stars and a little rocket ship and says "To the moon and back" underneath it and it actually arrived today and it looks awesome!! I can't wait to be able to hang it! I also finished the book I started almost a year ago, I started reading it the night I was induced and finally finished it yesterday. It was a good book and had a good ending. For those curious, it's the latest book in the fever series by Karen Marie Moning if you want to check it out. With all of that said, like I so often do, I'm going to sign off and go to bed. Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google after dark