What is love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more. Sorry I couldn't resist XD

Ah Valentine's day, a whole day dedicated to love...and ridiculously overpriced stuff. Trust me, I worked in a chocolate store during Valentine's day they do hike up the prices right before V-day. Just wait til the next day, it'll be a more enjoyable (and cheaper) experience for all.

Anyway, I digress, I didn't just come here to ramble about Valentine's day (though it is a big factor). It feels weird after celebrating Valentine's day with someone for the better part of a decade to now not have anyone (besides munchkin of course). Not that I ever really got anything noteworthy most years, the only thing that really stands out is an admittedly lovely ring with little diamonds in an infinity symbol that is collecting dust in my jewelry box currently. Maybe one day I'll wear it again...or maybe I'll just sell it, that's a decision for another day. Either way, for those that have a real valentine enjoy the day and your loved one, I'll enjoy my chocolate 😊

Unfortunately though, it's not been all sunshine and rainbows (shocker I know). This past week has been, for lack of a better word, a sh*tshow. Everyone in my house is sick including munchkin; he woke up Sunday night with a 101ish fever (our thermometer is one you place against your forehead so it's a little inaccurate) which thankfully went away after some infant tylenol but Monday he obviously didn't feel well so I didn't go into work until 5 and got almost nothing done. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but in addition to all the other stuff that happens during a given week we also had to transfer out 134 styles which was over 500 units in total. Needless to say by the time everything was finally said and done on Thursday I was dryer than a keg at a frat party. Thankfully I had today off so last night I was able to relax, put my face mask on, actually shave my legs for the first time in months, and take a nice hot shower before going to bed. Oh man, that was definitely needed. Also good news, munchkin went to the doctor on Wednesday who gave him medicine for the cough he's had and antibiotics for the ear infection he was showing signs of. No wonder my poor little guy was cranky, I felt so bad for him! Thankfully now that he's been on the medicine a couple days he's starting to feel better. He's not eating everything but he is eating most of his food and bottles which is definitely better than where we were on Sunday when he would only take his bottle, at least now he's getting some real food again. Here's hoping a few more days of rest and medicine will have him back to his old self.

Moving on, munchkin recently turned 10 months old so naturally I'm having an existential crisis because in less than 2 months he'll be 1 year old! Can I just say, I'm starting to get stuff for his party and I am super excited! I already have the invitations and thank you cards (both of which came out amazing, etsy ftw!) and party games are in the works. I'm slowly buying things bit by bit so by the time his party comes along I'll have everything to make it one extra special, spectacular celebration. I know I mentioned this last time, but since I didn't get to do pregnancy announcements and stuff like that I'm going all in for his first birthday. I know, he won't remember it but I think the first birthday is more for the parents than the kid. It's kinda like their first of any major holiday really; they won't remember it but it'll be nice to be able to look back at the pictures and the memories I have and tell him about it when he's older. Also my sister and I have been looking at all the cute things we could use for his party and just generally geeking out over just how ADORABLE everything is! I'm trying not to go too crazy but man, the struggle is real!

So ends another blog post. I should be back soon-ish with more exciting tales. Munchkin recently "graduated" to the bigger infant room (the one for babies who are a bit more mobile) so it'll be interesting to see how he handles being on the other side of the fence. Thankfully he has friends on the new side and his teachers are all sweethearts so I'm sure he'll have a blast. Until next time though, oh fabulous reader, see ya!

Comments