Guess who's back, back again...
Kim is back, tell a friend! =D
Yeah, whoa I did not mean to go an entire month between posts but here we are. Accept my imaginary apology cookie and let's move on.
So this past month has seen some wonderful developments with little Mr. Sean. For one he's smiling and laughing up a storm which, in my opinion of course, is the most adorable thing in the history of history! I have a video of him laughing on my Facebook and I challenge you to not be in a good mood after watching it, it's just the most adorable little pterodactyl laugh you'll ever hear.
Besides laughing though, he's also recognizing faces too and let me tell you, when I get home from work and I'm tired from dealing with stupid (more on that later) and I come in and see him and he gives me the biggest smile OMG MY HEART!! Literally anything bad that happened that day melts away and all I wanna do is hug him and squeeze him and kiss him from now until the end of time! It makes all the craziness of the day worth it to come home to that. I do get that smile in the morning when I walk over to his crib so even on the days I close I still get that heart exploding moment, and I make sure we have plenty of giggle time while we're getting ready for daycare.
Speaking of which, his teachers are absolutely in love with him and he loves them too. This past month when he went for his checkup I kept him home that day since he tends to be a bit crabby after getting his shots so the next day when I took him in all his teachers said, "We missed you yesterday!". I'm so glad they love him and he's happy with them too cause it really makes all the difference knowing he's with people who love and care for him and even though they have to split their attention between the other babies I know they're still taking good care of him and making sure he's thriving.
In other news, back to school season is upon us in sneaker world and thankfully it hasn't gotten completely crazy yet but oh boy, last week was a trip. So my store manager always goes on vacation this time of year so while she's away the store becomes my circus and, unfortunately my monkeys as well. Now most of my staff are stellar, they're human and they make mistakes but overall they're hard workers and try to always do their best. However, two of my assistant managers are, how do I put this nicely...f*ing useless. Ok so a little backstory, both of them were hired right around the time I went on leave, one started the week before I left and one started the week after I left, so they've been here for a few months. More than enough time to get a handle on all the big stuff right? Apparently not. One apparently doesn't know how to send a shoe out to a customer so it sat on our back desk for almost 3 days (note, they're supposed to be processed within 24 hours) until I told her if she didn't know how to do it then look it up on our online platform or freaking CALL SOMEONE, ANYONE! Any other store would be more than willing to walk her through how to do it but no, she took the lazy route hoping someone else would do it for her. And the other one just has an attitude. She's always rubbed me the wrong way and she half-asses stuff which then leaves more work for the rest of us and I'm sorry I have enough on my plate with training two new girls for one of our other stores, doing visuals, doing transfers, and making sure everyone else is doing their job right COULD YOU JUST DO YOUR FREAKING JOB PLEASE AND THANK YOU?! Needless to say I am very happy that my store manager is back so we can lay the smackdown on these fools, maybe throw in a people's elbow for good measure too. Also if you got that reference we can be friends =)
Aside from workplace shenanigans though things have gone pretty smoothly I'm happy to say. This past Friday I went to handbag bingo at my one roomie's firehouse which was a lot of fun! I got to see everyone again and even though I didn't win any handbags I did win a lovely wreath for our front door and some chocolate and tickets to a comedy club in the city so hopefully sooner rather than later we can have another roomie date and go on a epic NYC adventure! I also finally used a gift card I got for my 30th bday on a much deserved facial which was just wonderful. Not something I can do regularly so when I get the chance you know I'm gonna enjoy it!
Well, I think that brings us up to speed on everything major. I promise to not go another month between posts. He goes back to the doctor on the 19th for his 4 month checkup so expect an update around then, unless something interesting happens before then. Until next time, oh loyal reader, good night!
Yeah, whoa I did not mean to go an entire month between posts but here we are. Accept my imaginary apology cookie and let's move on.
So this past month has seen some wonderful developments with little Mr. Sean. For one he's smiling and laughing up a storm which, in my opinion of course, is the most adorable thing in the history of history! I have a video of him laughing on my Facebook and I challenge you to not be in a good mood after watching it, it's just the most adorable little pterodactyl laugh you'll ever hear.
Besides laughing though, he's also recognizing faces too and let me tell you, when I get home from work and I'm tired from dealing with stupid (more on that later) and I come in and see him and he gives me the biggest smile OMG MY HEART!! Literally anything bad that happened that day melts away and all I wanna do is hug him and squeeze him and kiss him from now until the end of time! It makes all the craziness of the day worth it to come home to that. I do get that smile in the morning when I walk over to his crib so even on the days I close I still get that heart exploding moment, and I make sure we have plenty of giggle time while we're getting ready for daycare.
Speaking of which, his teachers are absolutely in love with him and he loves them too. This past month when he went for his checkup I kept him home that day since he tends to be a bit crabby after getting his shots so the next day when I took him in all his teachers said, "We missed you yesterday!". I'm so glad they love him and he's happy with them too cause it really makes all the difference knowing he's with people who love and care for him and even though they have to split their attention between the other babies I know they're still taking good care of him and making sure he's thriving.
In other news, back to school season is upon us in sneaker world and thankfully it hasn't gotten completely crazy yet but oh boy, last week was a trip. So my store manager always goes on vacation this time of year so while she's away the store becomes my circus and, unfortunately my monkeys as well. Now most of my staff are stellar, they're human and they make mistakes but overall they're hard workers and try to always do their best. However, two of my assistant managers are, how do I put this nicely...f*ing useless. Ok so a little backstory, both of them were hired right around the time I went on leave, one started the week before I left and one started the week after I left, so they've been here for a few months. More than enough time to get a handle on all the big stuff right? Apparently not. One apparently doesn't know how to send a shoe out to a customer so it sat on our back desk for almost 3 days (note, they're supposed to be processed within 24 hours) until I told her if she didn't know how to do it then look it up on our online platform or freaking CALL SOMEONE, ANYONE! Any other store would be more than willing to walk her through how to do it but no, she took the lazy route hoping someone else would do it for her. And the other one just has an attitude. She's always rubbed me the wrong way and she half-asses stuff which then leaves more work for the rest of us and I'm sorry I have enough on my plate with training two new girls for one of our other stores, doing visuals, doing transfers, and making sure everyone else is doing their job right COULD YOU JUST DO YOUR FREAKING JOB PLEASE AND THANK YOU?! Needless to say I am very happy that my store manager is back so we can lay the smackdown on these fools, maybe throw in a people's elbow for good measure too. Also if you got that reference we can be friends =)
Aside from workplace shenanigans though things have gone pretty smoothly I'm happy to say. This past Friday I went to handbag bingo at my one roomie's firehouse which was a lot of fun! I got to see everyone again and even though I didn't win any handbags I did win a lovely wreath for our front door and some chocolate and tickets to a comedy club in the city so hopefully sooner rather than later we can have another roomie date and go on a epic NYC adventure! I also finally used a gift card I got for my 30th bday on a much deserved facial which was just wonderful. Not something I can do regularly so when I get the chance you know I'm gonna enjoy it!
Well, I think that brings us up to speed on everything major. I promise to not go another month between posts. He goes back to the doctor on the 19th for his 4 month checkup so expect an update around then, unless something interesting happens before then. Until next time, oh loyal reader, good night!
Comments
Post a Comment