Rebooting...
Program: Crazy_Mom_Blog.exe is starting up...
Authenticating...
AH, THE LIGHT, IT BUUUURNS!!
Hello dear reader, it's been a hot second hasn't it? I do apologize for falling off the grid for...3 months...allow me to catch you up and explain my absence.
Let's rewind to October 2nd, I get woken up at lord knows what time by my mother telling me to move my dad's limo she's taking him to the hospital because he can't breathe well. I think that is the fastest I have ever woken up in my life. So I go out to move the car, give my dad a hug and he tells me they'll be home soon. So I go back to bed until munchkin wakes up, do our usual routine and chill around the house waiting to hear anything from my mother. Finally I talk to her and my dad not only has pneumonia but something odd came up when they checked his heart. So needless to say he's in the hospital for a few days til the pneumonia clears up and then they go in and look at the veins (or was it arteries, either way) around his heart and put in catheters, which essentially are traffic cones that the blood can navigate through a blockage with. While everything went smoothly the cardiologist tells us that the 3 main blood vessels were 95%, 99%, and 100% blocked. Now I don't need to tell you those numbers are BAD, like very bad. So when they release him the next day they put a "life vest" on him which is a pacemaker that you wear.
Literally 24 hours after he comes home, sitting on our living room couch no less, the life vest goes off.
I don't know if you've ever seen anyone get defibrillated in person but, for once, tv does not exaggerate and yes, your chest really does heave that much. So you can imagine the ensuring freakout I had watching all this (with Sean asleep in the car seat behind me thankfully) and calling my sister (Sean's godmom) after the paramedics came and took him back to the hospital.
Thankfully, all ends well here. My dad was transferred to the same hospital I gave birth in (the one he worked in for 25 years) and they put an actual pacemaker in, he recovered there for a couple days, and has been home without any further incidences (and subsequent freakouts).
So, consider that my absent note on where I've been, let's get back to the present shall we?
One of the reasons I came back to my blog is because, for some reason, you crazy people like to read my rants and it helps me get my thoughts and feelings out somewhere where I can deal with them better.
So, here's where it all starts. I follow different mom life/parenting brands on Instagram, one of them being What to Expect. While they do post a lot of stuff dealing with raising kids they also, naturally, post a lot of things dealing with pregnancy too. Now normally these don't bother me, they give me a laugh and I can relate to some of them. The other day though, I dunno what triggered it, but I saw a pregnancy post that made me reflect on my own pregnancy and how I really didn't get to enjoy being pregnant. Now I am very grateful I had an easy pregnancy, I didn't have to deal with things swelling or leaking or horrible morning sickness or any of the negative things, but because I went so long before realizing I was pregnant I also a) got a lot more stress since I had to deal with everything much quicker than usual and b) I only really got to enjoy the last 3ish months of being pregnant.
My mom and I were talking about this and she understands where I'm coming from cause she really enjoyed being pregnant with me but also reminds me that he is healthy and happy and I have the rest of my life to be his mom and do all the awesome mom things like bath time and story time and comforting him when he doesn't feel good and all that. So while yeah I didn't get to really enjoy being pregnant with Sean I do plan on having more kids and the next time it'll definitely be because I'm trying with my future husband (on an unrelated side note, anyone have Lin-Manuel Miranda's number? XD) so I'll be more receptive to pregnancy ques and I'll be able to properly enjoy being pregnant!
Also for those wondering yes, both Halloween and Christmas were totally epic and Sean had a blast on both days! I was actually surprised he didn't freak out at the kids in costume coming to our door, he just kinda looked at them like "woah this is so cool...what are you supposed to be?!" And he was the most adorable owl ever (but most of you follow my posts on facebook so you know that already)! As for Christmas we didn't really go overboard too much. We got a couple of "big" things (both literally and figuratively) like a big stuffed dinosaur we named Spike (since he's a triceratops), a learning table, and little ball pit that looks like a turtle. But on the whole I know my Christmases as a kid were way crazier so I think we struck a good balance between giving him a good Christmas with a good amount of new toys and books he can play with and read for the next year or so and showing him that yeah toys are awesome but so is seeing family. It's too funny the way he looks at my cousin (his Godfather), it's like he knows he's not as old as the rest of us. My cousin used to give me the same look when we were younger so I find it amazing, kids just know sometimes. And after the initial "who are you again?" phase with his great-granny and aunt he was totally chill with them too which is good, I was worried he would be scared cause we don't get to see them too often but there was only a little crying before he seemed to recognize their voices and calmed down.
Well, with all that being said I'm gonna end this first blog post of 2020 here. No worries I do plan to come back and update regularly again so if you like crazy mom rants be sure to bookmark this page and come back to see what's in store next for our brave adventurers!
Authenticating...
AH, THE LIGHT, IT BUUUURNS!!
Hello dear reader, it's been a hot second hasn't it? I do apologize for falling off the grid for...3 months...allow me to catch you up and explain my absence.
Let's rewind to October 2nd, I get woken up at lord knows what time by my mother telling me to move my dad's limo she's taking him to the hospital because he can't breathe well. I think that is the fastest I have ever woken up in my life. So I go out to move the car, give my dad a hug and he tells me they'll be home soon. So I go back to bed until munchkin wakes up, do our usual routine and chill around the house waiting to hear anything from my mother. Finally I talk to her and my dad not only has pneumonia but something odd came up when they checked his heart. So needless to say he's in the hospital for a few days til the pneumonia clears up and then they go in and look at the veins (or was it arteries, either way) around his heart and put in catheters, which essentially are traffic cones that the blood can navigate through a blockage with. While everything went smoothly the cardiologist tells us that the 3 main blood vessels were 95%, 99%, and 100% blocked. Now I don't need to tell you those numbers are BAD, like very bad. So when they release him the next day they put a "life vest" on him which is a pacemaker that you wear.
Literally 24 hours after he comes home, sitting on our living room couch no less, the life vest goes off.
I don't know if you've ever seen anyone get defibrillated in person but, for once, tv does not exaggerate and yes, your chest really does heave that much. So you can imagine the ensuring freakout I had watching all this (with Sean asleep in the car seat behind me thankfully) and calling my sister (Sean's godmom) after the paramedics came and took him back to the hospital.
Thankfully, all ends well here. My dad was transferred to the same hospital I gave birth in (the one he worked in for 25 years) and they put an actual pacemaker in, he recovered there for a couple days, and has been home without any further incidences (and subsequent freakouts).
So, consider that my absent note on where I've been, let's get back to the present shall we?
One of the reasons I came back to my blog is because, for some reason, you crazy people like to read my rants and it helps me get my thoughts and feelings out somewhere where I can deal with them better.
So, here's where it all starts. I follow different mom life/parenting brands on Instagram, one of them being What to Expect. While they do post a lot of stuff dealing with raising kids they also, naturally, post a lot of things dealing with pregnancy too. Now normally these don't bother me, they give me a laugh and I can relate to some of them. The other day though, I dunno what triggered it, but I saw a pregnancy post that made me reflect on my own pregnancy and how I really didn't get to enjoy being pregnant. Now I am very grateful I had an easy pregnancy, I didn't have to deal with things swelling or leaking or horrible morning sickness or any of the negative things, but because I went so long before realizing I was pregnant I also a) got a lot more stress since I had to deal with everything much quicker than usual and b) I only really got to enjoy the last 3ish months of being pregnant.
My mom and I were talking about this and she understands where I'm coming from cause she really enjoyed being pregnant with me but also reminds me that he is healthy and happy and I have the rest of my life to be his mom and do all the awesome mom things like bath time and story time and comforting him when he doesn't feel good and all that. So while yeah I didn't get to really enjoy being pregnant with Sean I do plan on having more kids and the next time it'll definitely be because I'm trying with my future husband (on an unrelated side note, anyone have Lin-Manuel Miranda's number? XD) so I'll be more receptive to pregnancy ques and I'll be able to properly enjoy being pregnant!
Also for those wondering yes, both Halloween and Christmas were totally epic and Sean had a blast on both days! I was actually surprised he didn't freak out at the kids in costume coming to our door, he just kinda looked at them like "woah this is so cool...what are you supposed to be?!" And he was the most adorable owl ever (but most of you follow my posts on facebook so you know that already)! As for Christmas we didn't really go overboard too much. We got a couple of "big" things (both literally and figuratively) like a big stuffed dinosaur we named Spike (since he's a triceratops), a learning table, and little ball pit that looks like a turtle. But on the whole I know my Christmases as a kid were way crazier so I think we struck a good balance between giving him a good Christmas with a good amount of new toys and books he can play with and read for the next year or so and showing him that yeah toys are awesome but so is seeing family. It's too funny the way he looks at my cousin (his Godfather), it's like he knows he's not as old as the rest of us. My cousin used to give me the same look when we were younger so I find it amazing, kids just know sometimes. And after the initial "who are you again?" phase with his great-granny and aunt he was totally chill with them too which is good, I was worried he would be scared cause we don't get to see them too often but there was only a little crying before he seemed to recognize their voices and calmed down.
Well, with all that being said I'm gonna end this first blog post of 2020 here. No worries I do plan to come back and update regularly again so if you like crazy mom rants be sure to bookmark this page and come back to see what's in store next for our brave adventurers!
Comments
Post a Comment