Weekly Recap

It's Tuesday so you know what that means, it's reset day! Er, I mean, time for a look back at the previous week's shenanigans!

Well to begin I'm happy to say my first week back at work went well. It's frightening how quickly everything came back to me, the only thing that slowed my down that first day was my password for the register which took all of about 2 minutes to remember but otherwise I may be a little slow until I fully hit my stride again but I wiped the floor with nearly everyone's butt on commission so yeah, mama's back baby time to make that moolah! It's funny, I was talking to my store manager and she was telling me about all the nonsense that went down while I was away and one thing she told me was one of our part time managers said "Oh Kim's coming back, looks like we won't get any hours."

Excuse me what?

For anyone who hasn't worked retail, in most cases hours are based off sales so if you're a strong seller you get more shifts because you're obviously making the company money. Me coming back has little bearing on part timers hours, their sales however do. I also find it funny that lil ole me, the smart-ass sarcastic redhead of the group, is one of the best sellers. And those aren't just my words, I've heard it from not only my manager but my other coworkers who are amazed sometimes at what I do. Maybe because I've worked in retail for the better part of a decade, maybe because I spent 6 years working in a highly competitive clothing store where commission was also a thing, but I've always been good at connecting with people and suggesting items I genuinely like and that I think they'll like too and it just so happens to make me money! So needless to say, mama is about to kick ass and take names and, as I said to my manager "Get on my level scrubs" XD.

Besides the usual workplace shenanigans, munchkin is doing well. He just started taking 6 oz today because for the past three night he's been sleeping straight through to 8am! Last night was the only oddball; he ate a little after 8pm and I thought he would eat one more time before going down for the night. So about 9 we go into our room and do our routine and just sit in the rocking chair watching Hulu. 10pm rolls around and he's asleep in my arms so I figure I'll lay him down for now so I can lay in bed and when he wakes up cause he's hungry I'll feed him and put him back down. Well midnight starts to get closer and this kid is still sound asleep so I turn off the light and lay down, figuring I don't have work the next day if he wakes up during the night I'll just feed him and go back to bed. Well he slept til almost 7am, got up to eat, and then went down for another few hours until past 11! Tonight he did take a later feeding but he's sleeping now so hopefully he'll be good til 8 or 9 am. I really credit a consistent nighttime routine with helping him sleep through the night so early so you best believe me (and Grandma when she has to put him down) are gonna keep it going!

That's really all the new and exciting news I have for this week. We still have another week before he starts daycare and I have my schedule for that week already and I have 2 days off during the week so I'm not sure if I should keep him home those two days or still send him so he gets used to being there. Thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Until next week, oh fabulous reader, see ya!

Comments