The light at the end of the tunnel might be a train

Nothing like some dark humor to start a blog right? This is gonna be good.

I've been meaning to write this blog post for a while but life kinda happened so hey, better late than never right? I am gonna try to update at least once a week going forward though so yay content, but let's get back up to speed shall we?

Well as anti-climatic as this may be things have been pretty quiet. Munchkin has been sleeping through the night for a couple weeks now which is absolutely lovely. He usually eats at about 9pm and then goes down until 5:30 or 6am! Then he eats and goes back down for another 2.5, 3 hours. Needless to say, Momma is very happy with this and hopes it continues! It seems like things are starting to level out which makes my brain happy cause now there's a more solid flow to the days, obviously there's still some variation, but it's getting to be more predictable.

The big highlight since last post is that this past Sunday he was baptized. Now I'm not a big church person, I blame 12 years of Catholic schooling, but I do go to Christmas mass with my Granny and when he gets a little older I plan on also going to Easter services but otherwise we'll talk to God at home. I remember thinking, even as a little kid, that if God is everywhere, why do I need to go to this place and listen to this schmuck talk about God when I could just go home and talk to Him whenever I want? Anyway, I digress. The service was very nice and we were the only family there that day so we got lots of wonderful pics and the deacon who performed the service was very nice.

Then the next day I went back to work, oh joy.

Now, for me this is a double edged sword. Obviously I need to go back to work since we need our income (and health insurance) so I can give him everything I want to give him and make sure we're both healthy (a very important thing I've been told). I also like my coworkers and feeling productive again, plus the added benefit of more adult conversations! On the other side, I miss being able to spend so much time with my little man. Of course I get to spend my days off with him and when I get home from work but going from being with him all day, every day to only a few hours on the days I work is a shift, but I'm hopeful that as things smooth out and he starts daycare and is around other babies and people that the benefits will outweigh the negatives. I just try to remind myself that I'm doing what's best for him and that I'll always be his mom and just because I'm away from him doesn't mean I love him any less. If anything it makes me love and appreciate the time I have with him more. And maybe one day I'll have a rich husband that'll make it possible for me to stay at home or work part time so I have more time for him and his future sibling(s).

I also had my first therapy appointment last week and my therapist is quite nice! She's a mom too so she seems to have a better understanding of what I'm experiencing. The first session was mostly getting my background information and identifying some coping strategies that I can start to implement to help me de-stress and refocus when I'm feeling upset or frustrated. Of course one of them being journaling/blogging so the blog lives on! I'm also gonna look into finding zumba classes to attend since that's something I really enjoyed doing when I was in college and it's a fun way to get in shape (no matter how ridiculous I might look XD).

So beings the first baby steps back into adult life and finding that work/life balance. Hopefully it won't be too painful. For now though, I'm gonna go back to cuddling with munchkin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spilled Milk

Google after dark