Mommy and Me, Quarantine Edition

Greetings from day...42? 64? 759? Well whatever the number is I think we can all agree this nonsense has gone on long enough! Now does that mean I'm going to turn into one of those nut jobs storming the capital of whatever state they're in and demanding a reopening? OH HELL NO! Does it mean I'm slowly climbing the walls of my house and want to go SOMEWHERE besides around my neighborhood? YES PLEASE!

Quarantine madness aside though, things haven't been particularly bad. Well, besides my parents having to sink 20k into our house this past week. Yeah, that was not fun. Originally it was supposed to be a replacement of our gutters and the rotting wood underneath. Then they found a squirrel nest in our chimney and the total damage it did that could've resulted in carbon monoxide getting into the house and, yeah you can see why we kinda had to do it. Fair's fair though, they did do a good job and they installed those gutters with the covering over them so not only can leaves not get in but the freaking birds that had nests IN ALL FOUR CORNERS OF THE HOUSE can't either!

I feel like I'm yelling a lot this entry, know it's all for dramatic purposes and I'm not angry yelling. At least not yet.

Munchkin has been doing well and we've settled into a nice quaran-tine (like a routine but in...yeah I'll stop). This week coming up is supposed to be particularly nice so I'm looking forward to being able to get out and walk every day. I have to say I've become quite fond of our walks, we stick to the main roads so munchkin gets to see lots of cars and sometimes other people (and puppies!) out walking and I get to play Pokemon Go. Yes, I am that nerd and am not ashamed to say it! Hey, if it gets me walking 2ish miles every day I think that's a pretty good reason to play it don't you?

In other news, one of my aunt's neighbors was getting rid of a bunch of kid toys that my aunt snagged for me and one of them was one of those little walk behind toys that Sean can push and steady himself on as he learns to walk and oh. my. GOODNESS! First off, he loves that thing. Secondly, we have hardwood floors in most of the house so for a while we were limiting him to pushing it on the front porch (which is carpeted) and the living room rug cause I worried it would get away from him on the hardwood. Well the other day I decided to let him push it onto the wood and see how it moved and how he handled it and guys, THIS KID JUST KEPT GOING! The hardwood didn't even phase him! I swear it's the beginning of the end but it's exciting progress none the less.

In mommy news, I wrote a short entry a couple weeks ago just to help sort my thoughts out because for the first time in like, 2 years, I have semi-romantic thoughts about someone. I don't wanna say full blown romantic but, definitely more than just friendship we'll say that. Anyway, in the weeks since then I have been dealing with pretty much every emotion in some way, shape, or form. I find myself bouncing most often between "If it's meant to be, it'll happen." and "You control your future, your actions (or inaction) decide what direction you go in." And honestly it's driving me slightly bonkers. Like I said, it's been awhile since I've had to deal with these feelings and I'm really not sure where my needle will eventually land. For right now though I try to remind myself that things do have a way of working out in the end, not always in the way we planned but the universe has a great way of restoring order to itself and everything in it, but at the same time the lack of direction or guidance or any kind of feedback really is particularly frustrating. For now I suppose I'll just have to wait and see, and my impatient ass will need to learn to chill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spilled Milk

Google after dark