It's the end of the world as we know it
I'd say let's just cancel 2020 at this point but we gotta make it to April 3rd first before we can cancel anything!
Yes hello fellow humans, how are you handling the apocalypse? If you're anything like me, the hamster in your head is freaking out cause it doesn't know what the fuck to do at the moment.
Let's recap shall we?
So two weeks ago I was up to my knees in new styles at work that, through a lot of team work and perseverance, we managed to get up on the shelves. Aside from that madness though everything was going pretty well, except sales. Two weeks ago we were down about 25% to last year, last week was even worse. And as the COVID-19 cloud loomed ever closer, the mall slowly became deader and deader until yesterday (3/17 for you future folk) I literally had 2 sales. Most of the mall's stores were closed, and the ones that weren't were on modified hours (including yours truly). When we got the news the governor was shutting down all indoor malls I was in the back room with my other assistant manager prepping for a truck I was supposed to be getting Thursday and our conversation went something like, *reads news article aloud* "Alrighty then!" (in the Ace Ventura voice of course). So we got the word from our district manager, close up at 5, take the deposits to the bank, and go home until we're given the all clear. You didn't have to tell me twice! When I tell you me and the hand sanitizer/sanitizing wipes have become BFF's at work I'm not kidding. Everyone who came into my store in the last 2 weeks I approached with a healthy distance and caution. Thankfully no one came into my store coughing or sneezing up a storm (remember folks, allergies are a thing, please don't kill those of us who sneeze due to allergies!) but still, I'll take the next 10 days off and avoid the unwashed masses of New Jersey. It does feel weird though, cause my job is nice enough to still pay us while our stores are shut down, to be at home AND still making money. Not complaining but ya know, still weird.
In addition, I've also decided to keep munchkin home while I'm home as well. I know kids aren't as likely to get anything serious from this but I'm more so worried about my parents than Sean and I so, better safe than sorry! We can always get some fresh air in the backyard (or hop in the car and drive around a little). On the positive side though, now I have time for spring cleaning! I already organized our little medicine cabinet in the kitchen we lovingly call our "pharmacy", and it's only day 1! Hey, assuming Sean's party is still going ahead as scheduled the house will be party ready by the time I'm done with it!
That's all I really have for now though, I just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know we're doing alright. Be safe out there folks, wash your hands and remember, deadly force is authorized if someone coughs/sneezes on you. See you on the other side of this madness!
Yes hello fellow humans, how are you handling the apocalypse? If you're anything like me, the hamster in your head is freaking out cause it doesn't know what the fuck to do at the moment.
Let's recap shall we?
So two weeks ago I was up to my knees in new styles at work that, through a lot of team work and perseverance, we managed to get up on the shelves. Aside from that madness though everything was going pretty well, except sales. Two weeks ago we were down about 25% to last year, last week was even worse. And as the COVID-19 cloud loomed ever closer, the mall slowly became deader and deader until yesterday (3/17 for you future folk) I literally had 2 sales. Most of the mall's stores were closed, and the ones that weren't were on modified hours (including yours truly). When we got the news the governor was shutting down all indoor malls I was in the back room with my other assistant manager prepping for a truck I was supposed to be getting Thursday and our conversation went something like, *reads news article aloud* "Alrighty then!" (in the Ace Ventura voice of course). So we got the word from our district manager, close up at 5, take the deposits to the bank, and go home until we're given the all clear. You didn't have to tell me twice! When I tell you me and the hand sanitizer/sanitizing wipes have become BFF's at work I'm not kidding. Everyone who came into my store in the last 2 weeks I approached with a healthy distance and caution. Thankfully no one came into my store coughing or sneezing up a storm (remember folks, allergies are a thing, please don't kill those of us who sneeze due to allergies!) but still, I'll take the next 10 days off and avoid the unwashed masses of New Jersey. It does feel weird though, cause my job is nice enough to still pay us while our stores are shut down, to be at home AND still making money. Not complaining but ya know, still weird.
In addition, I've also decided to keep munchkin home while I'm home as well. I know kids aren't as likely to get anything serious from this but I'm more so worried about my parents than Sean and I so, better safe than sorry! We can always get some fresh air in the backyard (or hop in the car and drive around a little). On the positive side though, now I have time for spring cleaning! I already organized our little medicine cabinet in the kitchen we lovingly call our "pharmacy", and it's only day 1! Hey, assuming Sean's party is still going ahead as scheduled the house will be party ready by the time I'm done with it!
That's all I really have for now though, I just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know we're doing alright. Be safe out there folks, wash your hands and remember, deadly force is authorized if someone coughs/sneezes on you. See you on the other side of this madness!
Comments
Post a Comment